Food Friday: Vegetable Medley
If I’m being honest, when I first saw this recipe I didn’t have high hopes and I didn’t expect to be that crazy about it.
If you’re like I was before I started this new lifestyle, you might not be much of a vegetable eater. What I have discovered through this process though, is that vegetables are actually pretty darn tasty when they’re prepared well. So I was pleasantly surprised at how great this was when I made it.
It’s also very filling so don’t let the fact that it’s just vegetables make you think you need to add something to the meal. This is plenty all by itself.
I got this recipe from ruled.me when we first started our keto diet and it’s something we still enjoy. I use a food scale to measure out all the ingredients and it’s super easy that way. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 240g Baby Bella mushrooms
- 115g broccoli
- 100g sugar snap peas
- 90g bell pepper
- 90g spinach
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Prep all vegetables by chopping them into small, bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan to high heat. Once hot, add garlic and let saute for 1 minute
- Add mushrooms and let them soak up some of the oil. Once they do, add broccoli and mix together well.
- Let broccoli cook for a few minutes then add sugar snap peas. Mix this together well.
- Add bell pepper, spices, and pumpkin seeds and mix together well.
- Once everything is cooked, lay spinach on top of the vegetables and let the steam wilt it.
- Once the spinach wilts, mix it all together and serve.
Yields 3 servings. Per serving, it is:
330 Calories, 30.7g Fats, 7.7g Net Carbs, and 6.7g Protein